Sometimes when I listen to the Avett Brothers I have to stop and turn it off.
It's comparable to reading a letter from a loved one who lives far away, or looking at a picture of someone that you care about who has died. And just thinking, I will never read or look at this again. I miss them too much, and I can't think about not being with them.
Scott and Seth Avett's (and Bob Crawford and Joe Kwon, alike) music and them as people, are so meaningful to me, but so distant; I sometimes can't bare listening to them because I know I that I can't go to them and give them a hug or let them know how much they mean to me or spend time with them and always be around such love and beauty. So I have to turn it off, because it's a little easier.
and the cycle is..... disruptive.. and bothersome.