We weren't the quick jack rabbits we usually are... didn't get to ACL's website fast enough for the 3 days pass pre-sale. I guess it worked out though, because I was way under the weather that weekend. And just so you know, ACL is a family affair. My whole family is there every year.
Wasn't that eager to arrive due to my head, throat and body ache, so we waltzed in mid afternoon in time to see my dad's favorite band, or one of them, Portugal. The Man. Who I'm not the keenest about anymore. I'm not sure why he was wearing his little jacket, hood on and everything,.... it was really hot....
Portugal. The Man
(Youngblood using Daddy as a chair)
(from ACL's flickr - not that sneeky)
Band of Horses
You'll always be hooome to me.
(no one's gonna love you more than I do! ^)
and I stopped there until late late that night for The Eagles because I felt so sickly.
The Eagles
I actually laid down to fall asleep half way between The Eagles set just to re-gain some strength and sanity... I think someone actually stepped on me mid nap. and I was awoken by Joe Walsh's solo stuff. (my Maserati does 185 ;)) They had a really really great show. I'm not really a fan, but they were the best part of the whole night and day.
so obviously all of the decent quality pictures are from ACL's flickr page.