Saturday, September 17, 2011

California U.S.A.

July 6th-12th, 2011
Jake stayed with my cousins the whole week. Interesting things happened there. Things that involved me feeling very let down and kinda betrayed.... and enlightened. It's so weird how differently you view people in your adult years to how you viewed them as a child. And maybe even weirder for me because I've always sort of felt like an old person..... even when I was like 8, but man is there a difference.
My aunt and uncle have an absolutely beautiful house & property though. I mean look at this....

Then we drove back to Grandma's for a spend-the-night. I got sooooooooooooooooooooooo (forever) car sick taking these pictures of Jake and Logan.. The road from my aunt & uncle's house to the real world is twisty and jerky and you have to focus on the road the. entire. time. or, well.... you puke and ruin dinner.

Dinner & (not pictured) after dinner Mexican Train....

I got up bright and early to go to work with my Grandma and eat McDonalds oatmeal like everyday.
 My Grandma lives in a suburban apartment complex, but it's still in the "hills" (..of El Dorado) so there are families of deer that munch and explore every morning only a few feet away from her back patio...
 Logan (her puppy) and I would just stand out every morning and watch the deer while enjoying the California morning air. I wish it was as enjoyable to step outside in Texas...

And a sleepy puppy at work...