- baby kale salad
- being resilient at work
- being proposed to at work during a shitty day: a really cool mum and her 5 yo son stood in line and waited for me to assign them a table. she was so pleasant with me even though I was being short and was (not very successfully) trying to hide a bad mood. she thanked me for helping them and smiled really big to me, and I smiled back and told her she was welcome, and then thought nothing of it. before leaving she came up to me and said, "i just wanted to let you know, my son, he's 5, he said that he's probably going to marry you someday. you made quite the first impression." it made me melt and beam and I told her, "oh my. that is the cutest thing i've ever heard. thank you." and as i said that, he came back from the bathroom and I got to tell him "bye" and smile. knowing that just made my night so much sweeter.
- i asked my dad to help me put on a really hard to put on bracelet and afterward he said, "here, do this," and put his hands up, palms in. i realized that he wanted to look at all my jewelry, all together. so I showed him closer and he said, "it looks modern..." and I interrupted, "but classic," and he finished, "at the same time." (he hardly ever comments on my outfits and cares very little about fashion, so this was the sweetest, most magnificent compliment ever.)
*when i stayed with my aunt, during dinner we played "peaches and pits", where everyone went around and said one good thing about their day and one bad thing (if they had one). this is my take on it.