Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Carousel v. 56


2. Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds.
"But the overall problem is one of a culture where instead of seeing women as, you know, people, protagonists of their own stories just like we are of ours, men are taught that women are things to “earn,” to “win.” That if we try hard enough and persist long enough, we’ll get the girl in the end. Like life is a video game and women, like money and status, are just part of the reward we get for doing well."
"Other people’s bodies and other people’s love are not something that can be taken nor even something that can be earned—they can be given freely, by choice, or not."

3. "I Don't Give a Shit That You Feel Sorry For Me."
"I'm angry with the leadership of the NRA who always want to characterize this as if it was a lone madman. That it's an act of nature that we have to tolerate. I am angered by how they have worked to normalize this." 

4. #YesAllWomen

5. Slut-Shamed To Death.