Sunday, July 24, 2011

My mom is 41. shhhhh.

It's amazing what happens in a tiny little weekend when you put it to good use. I got to spend it with some of my favorite women (excluding my Godmother..) It was grand birthday debauchery.

Beginning with my dad thinking of my mom and I on Friday night and spontaneously, on his own, wanting to take us out to the brew house/theater to see Bridesmaids (?!) or Horrible Bosses because the week was a lousy one (..for me anyway) and because Fridays are family night, but my brother was away at the lake. Anyway, our only excuse not to go was that my aunt was coming into town that night (excuses usually consist of extreme exhaust or previous commitments that are not as fun).

Then on Saturday my aunt and I went to brunch and talked for hours (literally because the food took forever..), while my mom saw patients. My aunt is one of the best people I know. Seriously. Every time I get to spend time with her, she fills me to the brim the joy and reassurance.

And after my mom came home, bringing along one of her best friends, we all checked into a hotel downtown for easier access to... sleeping, after a planned, amusing night out. Got ready. Felt fierce. And fione. And hungrrrry.

 (view from hotel balcony. u ♥ Austin?)

And then I found out that I am diabetic/hypoglycemic/already knew I was a hypochondriac... because it seems as though I'm a completely different person when I'm hungry (dysphoric bitch), as to when I'm satisfied (normal to lovely). Too bad Uchi did not do the trick (my mom's favorite restaurant and her choice for dinner). I do admit to a highly un-sophisticated palette though, and it makes me sad because the rest of my family overly appreciates exquisite food.... and alcohol.

 (peanut butter semi freddo with apple-miso sorbet & ringo crisps.... I ordered dessert for dinner.)

"I put my lipstick on... I'm done."
........

Afterward we went to The Highball, Kiss & Fly (or attempted haha), Peché (fuck that place), and then it was back home (I mean hotel) for me, being a major, under 21-year-old, buzz kill. ha

Also, I had some middle aged peeping-Tom's from the room next door looking through my hotel balcony window. That still makes me shudder to think about. I was watching Dinner for Schmucks. What the fuck is wrong with people?..  I dead-bolted the door, went to sleep, and woke up in the morning to stories of the rest of the night :)



And this morning we drove to my aunts country house in Wimberley and then had lunch at Trattoria Lisina. Fancy lil place.

 (melon, plum and vanilla gelato.)

And tomorrow, well tomorrow I'm taking a morning drive to my aunt's house in Houston where I get to relax until Thursday. In love.