1. First of all, I love how my Grandpa calls 'dating', 'running around with'.
i.e. "He's not still running around with that one gal, is he??"
"Now is your time. Walk closely with people you love, and with people who believe … life is a grand adventure. Don’t get stuck in the past, and don’t try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven’t yet earned. Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life’s path."
...alternate title: I cannot be tamed and other wild things.
(Of course this finds it's way to me at the perfect time.)
"Forgive yourself for staying longer than you should, for wishing it was going to be something that it wasn't, for seeing ALL THE SIGNS and doing it anyway. For turning a blind eye, for compromising too much, for giving it all away. Ease your instinct back out of it's cave, because you need it.
Listen to yourself. PAY. FUCKING. ATTENTION. Question their motives and as much as you want to give your heart freely, be cautious of who you give it to. Not to say that I have regrets, because I do not- but this next time around, I will be alert. Demanding of honesty. Of utmost respect and transparency.
The core of our spirits have this incredible system that senses red flags, warns you of danger, stops you in your tracks. Don’t be silly with that Center that’s trying to protect you- recklessness is only so much fun, then your heart gets in the way and it’s brutal."
4. 5 Things You Should Do In Order To Have A Successful Thanksgiving
This is pretty much perfection ^
"Who knows - maybe I'll touch a spider later."
6. And since we're on the subject...
"My doctor said: 'You are like the car in the street, who's alarm goes off with the smallest gust of wind, whereas all the other cars, take a good beating before their alarms go off', and really, that's the best way it can be described in the very simplest of terms."
And all the bits about people getting sick.. That's me. Right there.

