Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 3, Colosseum & the Forum

March 15, 2012
(on the drive there)
We had a brilliant tour guide for both the Colosseum and the Roman Forum tours. She painted beautiful pictures of what the Colosseum and Forum were like during the Roman Empire and explained things so well. I learned so much that I already didn't know and I loved this day so much. Staggering culture and surrealness. This was seriously the best trip ever...
(arch detail and the view from our seat on the bus ride there)
(Arch of Constantine)

(inside the Colosseum)

And it was only a short walk to get to the Forum..
(The Temple of Romulus, which is across from Palantine Hill)
(Arch of Septimius Severus)
(The Temple of Saturn)
(L-R: Temple of Vespasian and Titus, Santi Luca e Martina Church, Arch of Septimius Severus, and Temple of Saturn)
(Santi Luca e Martina Church and the Arch of Septimius Severus)