Thursday, December 13, 2012

Smithsville, Texas

November 26th, 2011


Roadtrip.
Zimmerhanzel's, the place where they filmed a scene of Bernie in, were completely out of food by the time we got there. Woops.
Smithsville is also where Hope Floats and a lot of The Tree of Life was filmed.

We stopped in a paper doll store and met the artist and owner. I got a Kennedy Family paper doll book. There were also giant gingerbread people all around the town. One was dedicated & personalized to each building. 
What we eventually found was Sherry's Willie Nelson Obsessed Kitchen. 
Then, car museum.
I remember this day so clearly. Every bit of it. I remember what outfit I was wearing and that I snuck out to see Tyler later that night. I remember that my car almost ran out of gas and that it was really windy that day, which made it annoying to drive. I remember driving through Bastrop and seeing the damage that was done by all the fires. I remember that my Grandma commented on my mix tape that I played on the way there and back and said, "This is a nice one!" 

We ended the night with a trip to Cabella's... which was right up Jake's alley. 

We saw these taxidermy'd Muskoxs and Jake immediately said,
"...Guess what? Just shot a MUSKOX."
(but then he changed it to 'Just shot a very large guinea pig.')