We touched down in San Francisco after a 3 1/2 hour (kinda shitty) flight. That day I had finished my last final of the summer semester an hour before we had to be at the airport.
The weather was beautiful as soon as we got there. I didn't even have to step outside to tell.
Sophia texted me via Emo's phone when we were still taxiing in the runway after landing to tell me that she "had a surprise for me," and then greeted me a summer camp lanyard keychain when we met them downstairs. So, so, so cute. She was so proud of it.
------------------------------------
^^ We went to Table 24 for lunch the next day. This was after Nicholas got attacked by yellow jackets when he and Jake discovered a nest in the backyard. It was a traumatic morning, to say the least. There is a picture of him laying down next to me recovering, a couple pictures down. ^^
^^ Quinie. ^^
^^ We went to pick Sophia up from Girl Scout camp and this was the view. ^^
^^ Some people I know being fancy in a Porsche. We raced them to dinner. ^^
We had dinner with the Grivich's at some Italian restaurant and then went to get gelato afterward. Jake was running around outside with all the kids and Christine said, “I love this age because it’s like the transition from childhood to adulthood, and he still has a little bit of both in him. He’s so grown up, but will still run around and play with the kids.” And this is exactly what I was thinking the other night, but in the opposite mindset. I hate it because he’s not a little kid, (who I know exactly how to treat and what to expect from), and he’s not an adult, (who I also know exactly how to treat and what to expect from). He is right in-between and sometimes I have a hard time knowing exactly what I should expect from him and what the best way to interact with him is. He is also so dang handsome.
After dinner I drove home with Uncle Chris, Jake, & Nico in the Porsche. It went so god damn fast and I literally felt like I was on
a roller coaster and I was really scared and uncomfortable..... But I’m trying to remember that experiences and stepping out of your comfort zone is 100% times
better than living in fear. ya know?