We all watched an old western tonight before bed. Grandpa kept reading little pieces of mail with a magnifying glass and then falling asleep. I would scratch Buddy but my hands would get all sticky with whatever was on his coat. He’s just the cutest little dog.
We all got together for a barbecue tonight at Clay’s house. I think it’s funny that I always call their house “Clay’s house”, like he owns it or something. Grandma brought her salads and I ate them along with a special portabella mushroom that Uncle Craig grilled *just* for me. Grandma had a prize for whoever got the most popcorn kernels in their serving of popcorn salad. “I used to get so embarrassed when anyone would find a kernel, and so I turned it into a game and now everyone wants to get the kernels.” Uncle Craig slipped me the three kernels he had and I ended up winning the game. I felt so much love tonight with everyone. Going this short amount of time makes the time we do spend with each other a million times more meaningful and great. I always feel like you should leave wanting more, and that is exactly how I’m leaving.
(I miss my dad so much though. Just thinking about him and knowing that I can’t call him made me tear up twice today. I know he and mommy are having the best time. I love those two so much.)