(I saved these quotes for myself in September 2016 and November 2017 and want to keep them here. I'm not sure where most of them are from.)
I had to stop repeatedly asking, “Why is this happening to me?” and instead remain still while I asked, “How can I best handle this?”
Home is within us. It only takes a second to find it once we know where to look.
Courage is my value and you can't get to courage without walking through vulnerability.
Engage with the world from a place of worthiness.
Are you trying to dress rehearse tragedy so you can beat vulnerability to the punch? "Not leaning into all of the joy did not protect me from what I'm feeling right now."
1. We begin by setting the intention to monitor our thoughts—to start becoming aware of the words we say to ourselves. We become aware of the instinctual thoughts we say about ourselves when passing a mirror.
2. When we catch a negative thought entering, we react with compassion. We lovingly push them aside; we don’t beat ourselves up. This is very important! If we make ourselves wrong for the thoughts we have, we are completely missing the shift we are working to create.
3. Once we catch the thought, we negate it with a positive thought full of self-love such as, “I am a beautiful soul; I am blessed to be in this body just the way it is right here and right now.” Or even better, “Sorry, Ego, I will no longer identify with these abusive thoughts about my body. I know my body is just my packaging, and I am the soul that’s inside.”
4. Over time these thoughts will disappear completely. When that happens we fill the space with positive thoughts. Thoughts like, “I am a powerful soul, I am infinite and I can do and be anything I set my mind to.”
"And when your mind is confused and entangled, you can take a breath and try to slip below the level of your desire and confusion. You can notice that in this very moment time is passing, things are transforming, and this impossible fact is profound, beautiful, and joyful, even as you continue with your misery."
"Here you are. This is it. There is no place else to go but forward into the next moment."
"Bad things are going to happen. It’s the most natural, the most normal, the most inevitable thing in the world. It is not a mistake, and it isn’t anyone’s fault. And we can make use of it to drive our gratitude and our compassion deeper."
"Patience is the capacity to welcome difficulty when it comes, with a spirit of strength, endurance, forbearance, and dignity rather than fear, anxiety, and avoidance."
Only you can change how you are feeling. No one else can.
Remind yourself every day that life is good and that eventually the pain will pass. Life is happening right now, and there’s no reason to waste more days feeling sad about the past.
Change your perspective about life, loss, and pain; learn to view everything that happens to you as a positive thing.
You can’t control someone else’s decision, so focus on what you can control: your thoughts, your attitude, and your reaction.
We’ve all dealt with break-ups before. You are not alone on this. Don’t give up hope; give it time!
And remember: “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall” ~Confucius.
Even though it’s difficult to accept that the relationship has ended, I have still gained invaluable information from the experience that I may not have received otherwise. I am better able to recognize what I need in a relationship and to communicate those needs to others. Also, I’ve found the courage to face some of the issues that floated to the surface in the process of opening myself up to another person.
If you’re open to it, each relationship offers the potential for spiritual growth and evolution. Rest in the knowledge that while you’re learning love’s lessons in preparation for your future mate, he or she is being prepared for you, too.

