Monday, August 13, 2012

Fiona and her babies.

Tyler went with me to pick them all up at APA. Mama and her seven babies! 3 hers and 4 surrogates. I miss them.
They were 2 & 3 weeks old when we got them.
I tried my hand at bottle feeding the litter before last, and it definitely wasn't for me.... It was legit like taking care of 4 newborns who were completely dependent on you. They needed to be kept warm, fed every 3 hours (which mean't no sleep for me), kept clean, and needed help going to the bathroom for the first 5 weeks. I was glad I had mama to do all that work for me this time.
(^ I just want to kiss that little tummy!)
^ this little bat had a rough start. nature was rooting against him. but he and I both put in a good fight to keep his life, and he is now doing well!
little paws.
that's all for now