It's weird to start new things at new places. I want to speak so many good things about my new job, but I did that at JA's and things turned out to not be that way... so I'm hesitant.
Today the bar tender asked me how I liked it so far and I said, "Yeah. I love it." and he said, "Where'd you work before? JA's?" and I nodded and he said, "How was that?" and I just paused and looked at him and he said, "Probably not that good? Since you left." and I just smiled a little and nodded again.
(Also Nick came in to eat on my second day and I had a panic attack in the middle of everything and wanted to cry. I can't think of anyone who makes me feel more uncomfortable or un-safe.)
But I want to talk about how the restaurant is smaller and I love that. And how my manager Abby is the loveliest, most inviting, happy, warm, silly, and kind manager I could ever ask for. And that I love that there are two female and two male managers there, as opposed to fifty male managers who are all disgusting. It's such a laid back place, but I want to do a good job so bad. I also love it when Alex says, "How are you doing? Don't over work yourself." (Even though I don't think he really likes me that much even though I reeeally like him) and when Tina said, "Don't stress yourself out. Move with purpose, but don't stress yourself out. There's no use in it, it doesn't help anything." Cause you're moving a hundred miles an hour with like fifty things on your mind and I want to be perfect at all of them. And at JA's if you weren't freaking out and having a heart attack due to stress, you weren't doing a good enough job. UGH. I just want to be perfect at it all jhsduigha['odfijpi;efhehdkjb I can't carry more than 3 trays, I can't carry more than two drinks. I'm sad about it
But they play Willie Nelson Townes Van Zant covers and The Psychedelics. like they know I need to be brought back down and wrapped up and rocked.
this is such a weird time in my life