(check out that sunburn on my nose that I got in Santa Cruz)
Jake and I took the train to Oakland (which is maybe my new favorite city). Jake's BART ticket wouldn't read when we got off the train after two attempts at two different stalls, so I suggested that he just hop over so we could get this show on the road. Little did I know...... the BART station worker was watching and came walking over clearly annoyed and asked what he was doing after firmly telling him about the misdemeanor he just committed. Jake explained what had happened and what our intentions were, but the BART worker was still really sore about it. I kept quiet the entire time.. I like to fully asses the situation before I chime in. I always want to make sure that what I say will help, and not harm the case. But I was really pissed. The guy gave us no benefit of the doubt and he annoyed the hell out of me. I was also probably so angry about it because I felt responsible for the situation and Jake was the one who got blamed for it. Any sort of injustice like that bothers me a lot. I expressed my views of the situation and Jake could tell that I was upset about it and he just said, "It's okay, really. He was just doing his job." What a decent guy. Such an honorable soul. He didn't take it personally at all. He seriously inspires me.
So we walked up and down College Ave., stopped at thrift stores and Trader Joes, and then I let Jake pick lunch at this place called Cactus Taqueria. He described it as an "overwhelming alright". But at least their watermelon juice was good. And when we got back I made dinner for the family. (burgers, cause you know, it seemed fitting)
---------------------------------
On Thursday we woke up and all went to the Hofbrau with Halmoni. I felt weird the minute I woke up and it just progressed as the day went on. No one else knew this, but I knew that it was some sort of sick joke that my body was playing on me because I was so nervous about going to the Giants game that night. So after lunch when we got home, I told Emo and she told me that I better just go lay down. I stayed in bed the rest of the day hoping that the night would just not come. But it did... and I went.
I feel so lucky to be able to go on adventures with my family like this. I'm so grateful for my aunt and uncle's generosity. I try to consciously remind myself that new experiences with people who you love and trust are not mean't to be negative and that if you give them a try, a lot of good could come of it. I'm so glad that I pushed myself to make it to the stadium that night even after four panic attacks on the BART ride there and then another VERY uncomfortable bus ride from the station to the front gates. I have a great support system in myself and in others.
It was super cold and the Giants were losing horribly, so we didn't stay for long. But it was a nice time anyway :)