Tuesday, June 21, 2011

To live's, to fly (6/13/11-6/19-11)

Monday
new wrapping paper and embroidery floss.
On Saturday my brother asked me, "If you could only choose one, would you rather be a rap star, a rock star, a pop star, or a country star?"
And I said, "I don't know... probably country star (probably because I had Townes Van Zandt stuck in my head all week, see Sunday). Not a Lady Antebellum country star though.."
"Yeah. She sucks."
"Haha 'she.' I believe it's a three person group. Why do you ask though?"
"I don't know, just wondering. Cause you're good at all of them."
"Haha, I'm a good rapper?!"
"*embarrassed* YES! I've heard you rap before. ...You rap Earl Sweatshirt all the time."
"Hahahah. You're right."
"And plus, you're a good present wrapper too. So either way, you're a wrap star!"


Tuesday
Looking through old school notebooks. 
I find that the most interesting and hilarious notes are the ones that are written while asleep. Does anyone else take notes in their sleep during class? I feel like I do it all the time. And I'm always pleased with the outcome, no matter how much curriculum I really miss. I remember one time I started to conjugate all my math notes while taking them (asleep) in class. I wish I could find them. 
These are from me taking "notes" while we were watching the Macbeth movie with Patrick Stewart in class. Obviously I thought it was terrifying at the time (I don't really remember this though). I think during the last paragraph is when I actually fell asleep. Everything else is just drowsy writing. And I could only imagine what the "The Ring" inspired drawing at the bottom is... that is disturbing.


Wednesday
A postcard from my brother.
Jake was away at camp since that Sunday and sent the most hilarious postcard on Wednesday. It was his first time at overnight camp and he had the time of his life (or so I'm guessing from the stories he's told me). I hung it over my Johnny Cash calendar so it looks like the octopus is playing the guitar. You know how it is.


Thursday
Sunset and a fat, lazy cat. I love my friend Carly.


Friday
Graduation dinner at Flemmings for Sarah. A place almost strictly for meat eaters, but at least we got some yummy beverages..


Saturday
Early morning light through my window that I got to experience due to the all-night My So-Called Life marathon that I had (I'm head over heels, and couldn't really control myself with the instant Netflix. And Jordan Catalano would keep any girl up, let's be honest here) and outside the Hyde Park Grill.


Sunday
I did a portrait of my brother and I with some Townes Van Zandt lyrics (one of my dad's favorites) on it for his Father's Day gift.

And found a card with a Mark Twain quote (another favorite) on it:
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

He also got really nice Bose headphones from my mom. Jake was at camp all week and said he didn't have time to construct anything. And of course we didn't hold it against him.