Saturday, January 5, 2013

Carousel v. 36

"So when people (men) want to talk about “legitimate” forms of assault, tell girls they should be nice to strangers and give men the benefit of a doubt, tell them to consider it a compliment, tell them to ignore the bad behavior of men, I want them to be forced to feel, for even one minute, what it feels like to have so much verbal hatred and physical intimidation thrown at them for nothing more than being female and not wanting to share."
You do not owe a conversation (or anything, really) to anyone.


Library that lets people write whatever they want on their outside board.

"When I am in an uncomfortable situation I start to write random words and sentences with my finger where ever I can, like my leg or on walls, or I’ll imagine them writing themselves out in my mind."
"Every time I send an email that contains an attachment at work, I open the document one more time just to make sure that I didn’t type any curse words by accident. Sometimes I open it more times after that just to make sure!"

"If I am home alone and decide to take a shower, I get really scared that someone will break into my house and kill me when I’m naked and vulnerable. To keep this from happening, I sing different genres of songs in the shower (rap, showtunes, country). I do this in hopes that the killer will enjoy one of these types of music, and decide against killing me."


4. "Allow Me to Be Still in It."
Pictures of sleeping babies.


"Even when your heart is tangled in a mess of emotions you'd prefer to pulverize in the garbage disposal, you can still be happy. Everything is happening just as it should be."

6. Iris Camera
Taking pictures with your eyes. If you only knew how many times a day I wish this!!!