(Breakfast at Pike Place. It was a ghost town.)
We had little savory and sweet pastries at a very french bakery (..in quotes) in the morning before Olympia. And I think my dad also secretly bought a small loaf of french bread? which I only spotted later in the evening at the hotel. Carb revelry.
I slept the whole drive to Olympia. We got to the campus, which was beautiful and reminded me a lot of UC Santa Cruz, but much colder and maybe a little foggier. I got my questions answered, scoped out the campus and got the best tour by the sweetest little lady and senior at Evergreen, Deedee. She made me so excited and hopeful about the transfer.
We ate at The Reef afterward and went to the shops downtown. Olympia is smaller than RR, population wise, but has a lot more things.. funnily enough.
-------------------------
-------------------------
There is
close to a 0% black and hispanic population in the PNW..... it trips me
out and I don't like it. too many white people.... But I did
find these gems while thrifting! Who knew?!
("...discovering the warrior within")
We got back to Seattle and I chose the 5 Point Cafe
for dinner and my Dad says, "Is that breakfast...AGAIN?" And I say,
"What do you except when you leave it to me to plan the whole trip and
pick all the restaurants! ...Why would anyone eat anything other than
breakfast food? Because people are idiots, Leslie."
So
we walked there in the freezing cold and sat between a reeeaallly
interesting date (that we actually couldn't figure out if it was a date or just a weird dinner between two random people/friends/acquaintances?), and another reeeaaallllly interesting group of
friends (one girl with light pink hair and no eyebrows, wearing a panda hat that was talking really loudly about how she only takes one shower a week).
Their drink special was "A can of Oly & a shot of
whiskey for $3.50". Supposedly, 'Olympia' is like the 'Lone Star' of the
PNW? My dad was telling me that was the beer he would bring back
for his dad and uncles when he was little, when they asked him to get
them some at the corner store cause it was always the cheapest.
(source)




