Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Graduate.

I've contemplated whether I should make this post because it felt so personal, but literally no one reads my blog except for me. (And I'm kind of scared to have it otherwise. The only reason I keep it public is so I can get things out in the open, which feels really good sometimes.) I figured I should just post about it though, so I can remember it in this way, and it isn't just a pile of pictures in my computer.

Having your entire family and most of everyone who loves you, surrounding you and celebrating you for a whole weekend is the happiest thing ever. Graduation week all happened very quickly. It has only now hit me (aprox. 3 months later*.. I don't know why things work out that way) that I'm complete with that period of my life. And that, job well done!!!

*This was originally written Sept. 2012




"Carlie, when I think of you, there's only one word that comes to mind when it comes to your contribution to the legacy, and that's grace. When you walk up and down the hallway, when you speak to your friends, when you speak to your teachers, you always have a grace about you. No matter the opposition, I've always seen you face life with such poise. It reminds all of us of the importance of integrity when facing the world. That's an important part of the legacy, and I think it's something that you exemplify, and it's gonna be missed. Thank you for adding that standard to future generations, 'cause I don't know if you know it, but you've definitely inspired it."