We took the best little road trip to Portland on our last day. It reminded me so much of Austin, and it felt good to feel familiar with a place again.
I actually wasn't anticipating this trip and had nothing planned (little to my dad's knowledge), and literally decided on the first stop 20 minutes before we got there. I slept for most of the drive, again, which was so nice. I haven't had the chance to sleep in a car in so long, as I'm always the driver, it seems. And sleeping in the car is really the best. My dad told me the scenery from Seattle to Portland reminded him of Twin Peaks a lot. I reckon that so.
I found the Mississippi Ave food trailer park via search and we stopped to eat there. It was fucking freezing, but there were still so many people eating and reading outside, with their little shivering dogs and everything. Dad got ramen and I got a sweet waffle with savory bits on top. We looked at the shops there and then decided to check out Voodoo doughnut. The line was a block long and there was no way we were waiting out in the cold for that long. We also were both feeling a little sick and couldn't find parking. So we drove to the Hawthorne St. area and went to Powell's and other shops. I wish I would've been able to find something that I liked to take back home, but alas, nothing warranted purchase.
My dad is the best sport. He walked up and down every block and stopped at every store I wanted and looked around with me, no complaints.
My dad is the best sport. He walked up and down every block and stopped at every store I wanted and looked around with me, no complaints.
We got back to Seattle and got a late, Po Dog dinner...
I also saw a spooky church.
And then, the next morning, back home it was!
Although I love my future home, it felt so nice to actually be home.
#texasforever but... #austinpacificnorthwestlovetriangle #sunsetsareromantic