Friday, August 13, 2010

ACL: Saturday, October 3rd, 2009

Saturday:
Got there when Bon Iver started playing so I had a really lousy view. and I was alone because Sarah and Travis wanted to see ...And you will know us by the trail of dead instead so I just left and went to go and watch with them, but there was no service by the XBOX 360 stage.... so I couldn't find them for a while. Hmmm.
When we went to see the Decemberists it started to rain pretty hard and I really didn't want to get all cold so I decided to watch from a distance under my umbrella while they went up front. I actually got really tired of waiting for them to come on stage, cause we got there like 35 minutes early, so I just went to sit by the stage.

Rain and people from where I was sitting and listening:

I was sitting against the fence that was around the stage. I was starting to get really soaked and cold so I just stayed there to take a rest. Of course though, before I knew it, it was pitch black. And I was alone. Unable to reach anyone. No service anywhere.
I could hear the Decemberists from where I was really well and they were very good! My best Sarah and my mum both say how ethereal and great their show was. kinda wish I would have seen it...
There were a bunch of drunk UT students crowding around me while I was sitting and I couldn't tell if they were so trashed that they just couldn't see me sitting there (I was partially covered by an umbrella and I'm little anyway) or if they knew and just didn't care. Hahaha.

One of the girls just pulled down her pants and sat to pee about a foot away from me. Seeing as the port a potty lines were literally 45 minutes long- I cant blame her! I would have done the same if I would have mustered up enough courage...
I finally found Kara and Katie and Tony and went with them to see the Dave Mathews band (yuck) because I guess it's one of Kara's favorite bands. Its really silly because I was right up at the front for him. He was one of the few bands I was up at the front at. He did nothing for me per usual, but I was happy to be by people I knew. I went to the bar to wait for Sarah and Travis and then we met up with my mom to go to Gostland Observatoir. And I'd just like to say, "For those of you who attended my fucking rave last night; Thanks."
They can be quite the dancey guilty pleasure.
Then we ate at Chuys. Yum.

10/7/09