transfer post...
Hope everyone's night went well. I went downtown and had myself a good time! I went to my first drag show and followed it up with a walk around town scoping out the costumes. Was good clean fun. A recovering alcoholics group puts on an annual drag show on Halloween for some non-profit cash. Everyone was really great, I was really blown away. Here are some lovely pictures from the night. Oh, and I also went to my mom's church to help out with a trunk or treat they were putting on. I was working the face painting table and then played some "would you rather" or "I have never" or "truth or dare" (believe it was a combination of the three) with the youth group. Hahaha- very mature. Was fun finding out things about them though... at one point I almost had to leave though, I was feeling so gross. Like, you are in the presence of Jesus Christ? haha I don't know!
Hope everyone's night went well. I went downtown and had myself a good time! I went to my first drag show and followed it up with a walk around town scoping out the costumes. Was good clean fun. A recovering alcoholics group puts on an annual drag show on Halloween for some non-profit cash. Everyone was really great, I was really blown away. Here are some lovely pictures from the night. Oh, and I also went to my mom's church to help out with a trunk or treat they were putting on. I was working the face painting table and then played some "would you rather" or "I have never" or "truth or dare" (believe it was a combination of the three) with the youth group. Hahaha- very mature. Was fun finding out things about them though... at one point I almost had to leave though, I was feeling so gross. Like, you are in the presence of Jesus Christ? haha I don't know!
I went as a sugar skull!
And don't look at it too long or you will become disappointed fast... had about 20 minutes to get ready.
And my brother already trashed before the night even began!
Forest Gump? Or ZZ Top? Or?
Authentic '89 Woodstock cap.
Holding his beard apart to not get hair in his mouth.
What my mom thought would be acceptable treats for the kids hahaha.
Yes. Easy Mac, Fiber One Bars, one bag of Spongebob Squarepants cookies and a random sucker.
"70s chick."
Posin'
Cuties...
Opening of Drag-O-Ween... This little girl was so good! They're doing the thriller dance, if you couldn't tell.
Marie finishing off her Vogue song and dance. Loved her!
She was absolutely amazing. The only one who sang live. Loved.
Ring the alarm. Hearts for Andrew's song!
My favorite of the night ♥
And they couldn't call it a drag show on Halloween without a lil Rocky Horror Picture Show.
They were also AMAZING!
The sweetie on the right (who was also the one who sang live) played the piano for them.
Heidi Ho ♥ ...who is one of my mom's good friends
Oh my God she was hilarious <33
Her and Heidi were both announcers or hosts when they weren't performing.
Heidi and the lovely director of the show.
Heidi posin' with my mom. I was squatting to take this picture from under neath so I could fit them both in the frame. No exaggerations, this man is 7 ft. tall in heels!
Was a great performance and if you're in Austin or in the Austin area next Halloween definitely go see them!
11/1/09
11/1/09