Sunday:
On the walk there...
Banana flowers that looked really good to eat
gloomy.
After the rain on Saturday the grass was 100 percent gone and in it's place was mud that looked and felt like semi-melted chocolate ice cream that was very un-appetizing. For some shows I was standing ankle high in mud which smelled of hay and the bay. (And I did not mean for that to rhyme, there really was horse hay all over the place for some reason.) I couldn't eat the chicken sandwich I got for lunch at Heartless Bastards because the smell was so disturbing. I had to resort to a Peanut Butter and Jelly so it wouldn't remind me of eating seafood.
The B-52s were so good! So so good! And really cute!
Sarah looking really cute
Sarah was really happy to be there.
the love shack is a little ole place...
After that, we saw the Heartless Bastards and they were really good! I hadn't ever listened to them before, but I loved their show.
Then we went to set up at Arctic Monkeys. It was so. god. damn. hot. I nearly fainted. I don't say that lightly. It was horrible. And they were horrible. In 2007 when I saw them, they were one of my favorites, but they did a terrible job this year. No one was jumping around and that could very well have been the heat, but I think the fact that there new album isn't all that intriguing and that they were lifeless, also had to do with it. I had to remove myself. It was just too hot.
brill smoothie! cup made from corn if you couldn't tell!
look at her feet! looks like shes a hobbit
Long hair does not suit him...
This was year before last:
I just went under and tree to try to sleep cause I felt really sick and I just waited there until Dan Auerbach while Sarah saw Passion Pit...
More pictures of sewage covered feet.
a view from my sleeping area.
Dan Auerbach... he was fantastic.
Sorry if I've made you sick with the blurry and out of focus pictures. I was so hungry and tired so I was shaking the whole time. I would have gone home after feeling so sick at the Arctic Monkeys, but I really wanted to see him. The guy standing behind me was so weird... he decided to pour his glass of vodka and lemonade on me during mid show. I was petrified as I thought that he had just vomited on me... and the little hussy he was with was already completely trashed so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was too... (he was tiny! but really tall and awkward looking) I turned around and then looked at Sarah because I was almost about to cry hahah (...throwing up/people throwing up/just throw up in general is one of my worst fears ever) he gave me the blankest look and just said, "What? It's just lemonade! What??"
Was so much god damn fun.
10/7/09